Cookies policy on SIC Content Distribution
What are cookies
SIC uses the word cookies in this policy to refer to all the files that gather information in this manner.
The used cookies don’t gather information that identifies the user. The cookies gather general information, like the way users arrive to and use websites or the area of the country/countries through which they access the website, etc.
Cookies only retain information related to user’s preferences.
At any moment, the user may, through his internet navigator (browser) decide to be notified about the reception of cookies, and also block their entry in his system.
What are cookies for
Cookies are used to help determine the use, interest and the number of times websites are used, allowing a faster and more efficient navigation and eliminating the necessity to repeatedly insert the same information.
The Cookies used by SIC have different functions:
- Essential Cookies: Some cookies are essential to access specific areas of the SIC Content Distribution website. They allow navigation on the website and the use of its applications, such as accessing safe areas on the website through a login. Without these cookies, the services that require them cannot be provided.
- Analytical cookies: SIC uses these cookies to analyze the way in which users use the website and to monitor its operation. This allows SIC to provide a high-quality experience by personalizing its offer and rapidly identifying and correcting any problems that may arise. For example, SIC uses performance cookies to find out which are the most popular pages, which method of connection between pages is the most effective, or to determine the reason why some pages are displaying error messages. Based on the website’s use, we may also use these cookies to highlight products or services on the website that we consider to be of user’s interest. These cookies are used only for creative and statistical analysis purposes, without ever gathering information of a personal nature.
- Functionality Cookies: SIC uses functionality cookies to remember user’s preferences. For example, cookies prevent having to type a user’s name each time he visits the website. SIC also uses functional cookies to provide users with advanced services like, for example, to allow the user to comment on a product. In short, functionality cookies save user’s preferences relative to the use of the website, to prevent having to configure the site on every visit.
- Third party cookies: Are used to measure the success of applications and the effectiveness of third party publicity.
- Publicity cookies: Are used to direct publicity according to the interests of each user, allowing us to limit the number of times a certain advertisement is viewed. These cookies help measure publicity’s effectiveness.
Publicity cookies on SIC Content Distribution vary regularly.
The used cookies may also be:
- Permanent cookies: Are stored in the internet navigator (browser) of the accessing devices (pc, mobile and tablet) and are used every time the user revisits the website. They are generally used to direct navigation according to the user’s interests, Allowing SIC to offer a more personalized service.
- Session cookies: Are temporary, and only remain in your internet navigator’s (browser) cookies until you leave the website. The acquired information enables us to identify problems and provide a better navigation experience.
SIC reminds that disabling cookies may cause parts of SIC Content Distribution to not function properly.
Newsletters and marketing emails from SIC Content Distribution may, for statistical purposes, contain a single "pixel" that allows us to verify whether they are opened and to verify clicks through links within the newsletter and/or marketing emails.
The user may always disable the sending of the newsletter and/or marketing emails.
For more information about cookies, refer to the following link: www.allaboutcookies.org